I am committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with me.
This statement describes what types of information I collect from you, how it is used by myself, how you can manage the information I hold and how you can contact me.
I will always give you the option not to receive communications from me. I will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your data with anyone else. I do not sell your information to third parties.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with me. Where possible, I will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes.
This version of our Privacy Statement is live from May 2018
You have the right to be forgotten, deleted or removed of all personal data. To make changes visit http://www.danielasieff.com and send me a message via the contact form.
I am committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should I ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy is effective from May 2018.
What I collect:
I may collect the following information:
- email address (contact information)
- country of residence
I understand your personal information is important and I am committed to protecting your privacy.
What I do with the information I gather
I require this information in order to:
- Periodically send information emails about new publications, lectures and workshops.
- Periodically send a newsletter and/or blog (though I have not yet started doing these).
I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
I use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps me analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. I only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help me provide you with a better website, by enabling me to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives me access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with me.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
My website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that I do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict part or all of the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to me using your personal information for the reasons outlined above, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing me at addresses shown in ‘contact’ on the website.
I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless I have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which I hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 or as amended. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to me.
If you believe that any information I am holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email me as soon as possible, at the above address. I will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
What information do I collect?
- Name (including title);
- Country of residence
- Email address;
- The date and time you used my website;
- The pages you visited on my website and how long you visited me for;
- Your IP address;
- The internet browser and devices you are using;
- Details of any transactions between you and myself
- Any information within correspondence you send to me.
How do I use this information?
I will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive communications from me (and you can withdraw your consent or object at any time). I will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your personal information with anyone else who might.
There are various ways in which I may use or process your personal information. I list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, I may use and process your information to contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which I think may be of interest to you (don’t worry, I won’t bombard you);
I may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with me.
I may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary to carry out activities for which it is in my legitimate interests as a writer/speaker/researcher to do so.
- To respond to correspondence you send to me and fulfil the requests you make to me.
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked me not to contact you, I will keep a record of this on my suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
How long do I keep your information for?
I will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary.
If I have a relationship with you, I hold your correspondence/personal information for 6 years from the date our relationship ends. I hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- The law requires me to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern, in which case I will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query; or
- You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and I do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see further How can I manage the information I hold about you);
How can I manage the information I hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information I hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given me and ask me to erase information we hold about you.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, I will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help me search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, I will respond to you within 30 days after I have received any request.
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that I hold about you;
- Correct and update your information;
- Withdraw your consent (where I rely on it).
- Object to my use of your information (where I rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided I do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When I do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, I will always comply with your right to object;
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided I do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
- Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine readable format), where I rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting me using the details below:
Post: PO Box 6256, Thatcham, RG19 9JF, UK
What are cookies?
“Cookies” are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website.
They allow the website to recognise your device and remember if you’ve been to the website before.
Cookies are used to measure which parts of the website people visit and to customise your experience. Cookies also provide information that helps us monitor and improve the website’s performance.
You can read more about the different types of cookies that we use on this website on this page.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
My website is powered by Word Press, my third party web services provider. Word Press is committed to ensuring that data is processed in accordance with applicable data privacy laws, and is kept secure.